Kurento Media Framework
Are you interested in multimedia social communications? Have you ever think about using multimedia for providing rich e-Health services? Do you think video communications may be useful in crisis management and defense scenarios? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading, Kurento Media Framework will positively surprise you.
Kurento Media Framework (KMF) has been designed for providing all the capabilities available in a standard call center, but using video communications instead of simple voice. Current KMF capabilities include the following:
- Single point of contact: all users call the same number to access a given service
- On hold and mute operations for calls
- Automation of communication procedures (video answering machine, call recording, call forwarding, etc.)
- Creation of dynamic conferences where users can be added or removed at wish
- Provision of several mechanism for sharing audio (single shared channel, multi-shared full-duplex channel, shared semi-duplex channel, etc.) and video (single shared channel, mosaic shared, etc.) in conferences
- Conference joining in real time
- Black and white lists
- Web operator console for supervising communications with capabilities for accepting calls, issuing calls, creating conferences, inserting and removing calls from conferences, etc.
- External DD.BB. integration for providing additional business information about communicating users
- Seamless integration with GIS applications and databases
- Seamless integration with external sensor systems
- Seamless integration with JEE applications and frameworks
The combination of KMF and Kurento kPhone enables innovative and rich use cases with many applications and possible business models combining mobility, multimedia and call-center intelligence. An extremely useful tool in scenarios where an image is worth a thousand words:
- Communications for crisis management where policemen or other field users can share what’s happening with decision makers, supervisors, doctors, engineers, etc.
- E-Health applications for supervision, diagnosis, emergencies, etc. The user just calls a single point of contact and he can be redirected or introduced in conferences with doctors, nurses or event other patients.
- Infrastructure and complex machine supervision. The users may call a contact center where the appropriate expert is invited to participate in the video call observing and issuing recommendations.
- Social video communications adapted to the structure of friends or professional networks.
If you want to obtain further information about KMF and its associated technologies contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org