Kurento Media Server
Kurento Media Server (KMS) is a full featured media server with video capabilities that can seamlessly interoperate with the Mobicents ecosystem. For this reason, KMS brings developers the capability of easily writing video applications based on SIP through the SIP Servlet API. Besides, the KMS ability to integrate with JBoss allows application developers to use its associated JEE facilities including DD.BB. management, EJB3, etc. For this reason, KMS is a choice for anyone wishing to develop SIP/Web real time video applications in Java.
Developers are encouraged to use Kurento Media Server in their video enabled applications whenever they require a powerful set of Java multimedia functionalities. For that purpose a set of resources has been set:
KMS Media Core
KMS media core, opens a huge list of capabilities for applications developers. Features already available are:
- Codec support: Kurento Media Server supports AMR, GSM, G.711 audio codecs and H.263 and MPEG4 video codecs. Additional codecs can be added under request.
- Real time media relay: Kurento Media Server is able to pipe components in order to relay media between two network connections. During this process media can remain unaltered, but real time modifications of audio and video streams can be performed, depending on features negotiated on both sides of the connection. Kurento Media Server implements an optimal transformation tree algorithm that reduces required operations to the minimum, improving performance in terms of ports per CPU. Available transformations can include any of the following ones :
- Codec: Kurento Media Server is able to trascode audio and video between any of supported formats.
- Frame size: Kurento Media Server can change frame size to adapt video streams to client screen size.
- Bandwidth: Kurento Media Server can adjust stream bit rate and frame rate to available network resources in receiver interface.
Many other features are not yet implemented but thanks to the underlying Gstreamer core they can be added quite easily. Following list provides a glance to Kurento Media Server roadmap and capabilities. Listed features are not necessarily ordered by priority
- RTMP connector: Gstreamer implements a RTMP client that can be wrapped into an endpoint enabling cross protocol connection. This feature would enable insertion of SIP communications within web applications with no need of plugin installation (Flash player is required) and compatible with any platform supporting Adobe Flash.
- Video composition: Kurento Media Server can combine multiple video streams in the same way audio is combined. Streams can be placed in a matrix array or with any arrangement defined by application.
- Watermarking and subtitles: Kurento Media Server can insert on the fly a watermark or subtitle into the video stream.
- DTMF detection: Kurento Media Server could easily integrate support for DTMP detection and generation.
- ASR/TTS: Kurento Media Server can also get connected to ASR and TTS engines to build video IVR applications.
- Clustering: Gstreamer GDP protocol enables distributed piped components, enabling clustered media server.
Control Interface & Applications
Kurento Media Server uses the same MGCP and JSR309 stacks implemented by Mobicents Media Server (MMS). Applications does not required modifications in order to use Kurento endpoints. In fact MMS and Kurento endpoints can coexists in the same instance, allowing applications to choose depending on required features.
Kurento Media Server is released under the following complementary licenses.
- GPLv3 License: An open source license based in GPLv3 for those who want to collaborate creating a community around video conferencing services.
- Basic Commercial License: For those that require an industrial development framework to protect their work and intellectual property. This license includes also a set of additional features relevant for commercial services.
- Gold Commercial License: Basic Commercial License plus support services and guaranteed time incident resolution.
|Feature||Open GPLv3 License||Basic Commercial License||Gold Commercial License|
|Advanced Transformation Algorithm|
|Automatic Transcoding Support|
|Automatic Bandwidth Adjustment|
|Automatic Frame Resize|
|Limited email support|
|Phone support and incident resolution|
Open GPLv3 License
- You can use this license at no cost, given that you contribute the source code of your application to the community.
Basic Commercial License
- Commercial license is based on the adquisition blocks of 10 ports.
- For high volumes of blocks we will provide you a tiered quote.
Gold Commercial License
- Gold Commercial License costs depends of your required level of support and incident time response.
In order to apply for a license, please contact email@example.com