Kurento Android SDK
Kurento Android SDK (KAS) is a development framework intended to accelerate development of SIP applications with video support on Android platform. KAS enable flexible, rapid application development, with video conferencing capabilities, through an easy API layer for full user control and flexibility.
Kurento Android SDK is built on open standards and as such, complies with IETF and 3GPP specifications to: create, manage and terminate video conferencing sessions that seamlessly integrates within Android Applications. Multimedia sessions are built on most popular codecs like G.711, GSM, AMR, H.263 H.264, MPEG4 and many more in the near future.
Developers are encouraged to use Kurento Android SDK in their Anrdroid applications whenever they require conversational services with other Android devices, and in general any communication device connected to VoIP networks. For that purpose a set of resources has been set
Kurento Android SDK is delivered under to complementary licenses.
- GPLv3 License: An open source license based in GPLv3 for those who want to collaborate creating a community around video conferencing services
- Basic Commercial License: For those that require an industrial development framework to protect their work and intellectual property. This license will include also a set of additional features relevant for commertial services.
- Gold Commecial Licence: Basic Commercial License plus support servicies and guaranteed time incident resolution.
|Feature||Open GPLv3 License||Basic Commercial Licence||Gold Commertial Licence|
|SIP User Agent|
|Media control API|
|High bandwidth profile|
|High performance media|
|Limited email support|
|Phone support and incident resolution|
Open GPLv3 License
- You can use this license at no cost, given that you contribute the source code of your application to the community.
Basic Commercial Licence
- For customers wishing to embed Kurento Android SDK into their proprietary applications, there is a royalty of 10.00 € EUR per installed client, with a minimum of 500 units.
- For 2,000 units or higher, we will provide you a tiered quote.
- For high volume customers we offer a one time 'paid in full' royalty free option
Gold Commercial License
- Gold Commercial License costs depends of your required level of support and incident time response.
In order to apply for a license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org